1.19.2008

The Unveiling

I read somewhere in the Etsy Storque that a good way to start the new year out in your shop is with a new line. I've been thinking about that ever since. Many questions have come from that. How can I incorporate my style into something new? Am I still new enough on Etsy that perhaps I need to stick to what I do? Should I do something completely different or not? Well, last night I bought some Scrabble tiles on Ebay as those seem to be an inexpensive supply that can be used any number of ways. But that's done on Etsy... a lot. I don't know if that is the route I want to go for my shop. I'll certainly take some pendants made from Scrabble tiles to the craft shows next year - I haven't seen them there yet. However, Scrabble tiles are not the direction I want to go with my new idea.

I saw down tonight to make some earrings and bracelets. I churned out the same old stuff - lovely stuff - but the same. After finishing another "I Love Olive - Hand Knit Bracelet", I thought I should make some earrings in sterling silver to match. But I didn't have the supplies to do my usual earrings in sterling. So I got creative and my new line was born. I made one pair in sterling and the rest with the regular stuff. I love them and cannot wait to get pictures of them taken and get them loaded up on my shop. I really think these will appeal to a different crowd than my current designs. Hopefully I'm not too far off with that statement.

Needless to say, all of this creating did not allow me time to work on a scarf I'm making for the Sweet Boy. I promised him I'd have it finished by the time he returned home from a trip on Monday evening. I've got to get to work on that.
I'll leave you with a teaser of my new line until I get them posted into my shop.

No comments: