1.17.2008

Naughty United States Postal Service

Hey USPS - I appreciate you bringing me all sorts of goodies in the mail today, but I didn't appreciate the bent package. Guess what, "Do Not Bend" on a package from Australia means "Do Not Bend" here in the US too - they speak English... capishe? I will be heading up there tomorrow and complaining.

However, I received the most wonderful (don't I always say that) items in the mail box today and the bending only messed with the print a bit. I can flatten it out in a frame. Thankfully the seller sent it over packaged quite well and my postal carrier was too lazy to leave it at my door and tried his darnedest to get it to fit in the box.

One was a trade from an amazing artist in Australia. Her name is Ali J and I'm so excited about what she sent. I got a print, necklace, and button. I'll be going back there for Christmas next year. I know some people that would LOVE what she makes.

My second treat in the mail was a much anticipated package from Hobbledehoy. I watched her hand dyed roving fly out of her shop in the days leading up to Christmas, but didn't buy any as I didn't yet have a way to spin it into beautiful yarn. With the receipt of my drop spindle for Christmas, I now have reason to spend money in her shop like it's going out of style. I purchased Drunken Sailor and Chocolat from her shop and she sent a bonus batch of roving as a treat. I can't wait to spin these up.

My third treat was a pendant I purchased on a whim the other night. I had favorited it a few days before and felt the need to move some fundage out of Paypal and into someone's shop. Deciduous Soul was my lucky seller. I purchased a lovely pendant from her shop and will have to wear something brown tomorrow because I cannot wait to wear this to work and get many, many compliments on it.

10 comments:

Ekio Locatiare said...

grrr..*shakes finger at postal employee with no patience*

But Hooray for cool stuff in the mail! ^-^ So exciting.

And I'm jealous. I want a drop spindle next. I've been lurking through forums over spinning, so I may be making one soon....he he.

Julie Anne of Diamondmeenuh Creations said...

You're post man is better than mine. Mine can't read and me and my neighbors end up having the Great Mail Swap about twice a week just to recieve regular bills! I thought they tested govenment employees for literacy? Maybe not as I'm guessing yours couldn't read the 'do not bend' notice...

Love the goodies you got! That roving (?) makes me wish I could still crochet *sigh*

Denise Felton said...

Oooooooo. You have SUCH good taste. I'm coveting all of your purchases. The print and the pendant, especially.

Ali J said...

oooh what a BAD postal man!! Grrr! I'm so saddened to hear that he flattened her - but I hope she'll be okay when you frame her! I bought those mailing envelopes especially for the big red 'do not bend' printed on them. :)

Anonymous said...

Wow, you've got all kinds of great things!! Glad the PO didn't ruin your piece too much... argh! Darn those PO people!! (maybe we can call them poo people?!) heheee

Janell

LoveMeKnot Creations said...

well luckily the seller/trader packaged your print extremely well!
cute choice for the pendant!

Anne said...

Oooh, it's like Christmas all over again, isn't it? Good that your sellers packaged the items so well! I'm with Denise, you DO have such good taste!

Sarah said...

I feel your pain! I bought a Fifi Lapin print and the stupid postie bent it as well. I was so cross! I complained about it and get this - NZ Post said they don't cover anything coming into NZ, only items leaving NZ. What the?!
Anyway, nice work on the jewellery too!

Sarah said...

I feel your pain! I bought a Fifi Lapin print and the stupid postie bent it as well. I was so cross! I complained about it and get this - NZ Post said they don't cover anything coming into NZ, only items leaving NZ. What the?!
Anyway, nice work on the jewellery too!

Anonymous said...

The stinky postal service has ruined 2 of my last 3 print purchases from Etsy. There aren't many things worse than your fabulous artwork arriving and finding the USPS has ruined it with a big, fat crease!