1.30.2008

I Can Admit

when I'm not good at something. Last night I went to a craft night that a local group of ladies have put together. The project of the evening was to make a collage. I just had to show up with scissors and a glue stick. What could be so hard about collaging?

Well, obviously, everything. I couldn't come up with an idea, I couldn't find colors I wanted to use, my glue stick wasn't very good, etc etc etc. I felt like I was working on a kindergarten project and the outcome looks like it too.

The rest of the group had LOVELY items at the end of the night and I had this:

Oh well, I'll stick to what I know and what I know is that I'm an earring making fool. I have so many earrings to post once I get good pictures of them. If (and that is a big if) we have a snow day tomorrow, I'll work on getting some pictures even if the light isn't perfect. I'm running out of my last batch of earrings to post and I want to get these up in my shop. I came home from a very frustrating day at work today and sat down and made 4 pairs of earrings. They are silver versions of the copper ones I blogged about the other night.

One of these days I'll get them up in my shop.

4 comments:

Junque Rethunque said...

I don't know what you're complaining about - I love your collage!! The berry photo behind, and the cut out birds... and the little "chirp" "tweet"... so cute!!

Anne said...

Quit being so hard on yourself! When I first loaded this page, my eyes went straight to your collage. My first thought: "Wow! Look what she's made now!" Seriously, tell that inner critic where she can shove it!

I'm more intrigued by this crafting night. Do you have a NWA version of our ya-ya's?

Oh Mandie said...

I think that your collage rocks!!!

Anonymous said...

Yay! I love that you are making silver versions of your earrings, because I have metal allergies and couldn't wear the copper...

And no worries about collage hun, that's how we find our style...

I'm there with ya!