1.09.2008

Satisfied

After a weeks worth of trying new ways to do my Etsy shop photos, I think I've found some I'm satisfied with. One of the rocks I dug up when working on my front flower bed last spring works quite well as a background to my bracelets and my earrings. Some items didn't take as well in this setting, but I hope to have time to play with that this weekend.

Next photo task - take all new photos of all of my current shop items. Ugh.

As I said in my Moo Card posting, I was on my way to purchase a full set of Moos to use as my business cards. Well, I didn't do that right away. I sat on the idea for a couple of days. Tonight I got to work on Photoshop to work on my own business card design, but after an hour, decided that $19.99 was worth it to just buy them and be done with it. I did manage to churn out a new banner on Photoshop instead. It wasn't a wasted hour.

This has been a bit of a crazy week for me. Work has been running me ragged since Monday (it's just a busy week up there), I've been busy each night at home, and tomorrow I have a Leadership function to attend and those are always exhausting. Needless to say, jewelry making came to an abrupt halt on Monday night. I'm hoping to get back at it Friday evening. I still have quite a few items to post for the remainder of the week, but want to have some ready for next week. Do any other Etsians feel that they are either making things or posting things? Is there any down time?!?

4 comments:

Junque Rethunque said...

I'm lame... I've had way too much "down time" and not enough "creation time"...

Anne said...

That rock makes a great background! (Not that your items need any help looking good...)

LoveMeKnot Creations said...

i like the rocks! they make itmore of an organic, natural feel for the photo :)

Simply Wired Custom Jewelry said...

That bracelet is beautiful! I also love taking photos with a rock as my background...it just looks so earthy. These ones really go nice with your pieces--they look great! Nice job.