1.02.2008

The other day I tried my hand at hand spinning yarn on my new drop spindle. I suppose it could have gone worse. What I have resembles yarn... doesn't it? I knew it would take practice and because of that, I'm not disappointed with the fruits of my first attempt. I'm actually quite excited to try it again, but not tonight.

Tonight was reserved for cooking dinner at home, putting away the cooking dinner dishes, and relaxing in front of the tv - ehh - computer. If I had cooked something lovely and excited, I might have been motivated to photograph it and post pictures of it on my Flickr account, but chicken/potato/carrot/and onion roast stirred up with spices and spray butter isn't exciting nor lovely, but it sure is tasty. I suppose cooking at home more than I do is a resolution of sorts for 2008. Since I started this blog as a place to post my crafting, gardening, AND cooking efforts, I should fire up the stove and get to work. Perhaps I'll have pictures by the end of this weekend.

Until then, you shall have to enjoy my pictures of my super bulky in some places and super thin in others yarn.

4 comments:

High Desert Diva said...

Hey...at least you tried it, right? Make something memorable out of it.

Anne said...

let me preface this by saying that I know NOTHING about knitting... but... that yarn is yummy!!! Cream and aqua are now officially my new favorite colors together. Even if it doesn't work for your knitting, I'm sure you'll find something divine to do with it.

Anonymous said...

Is spinning hard on your fingers ? I've never tried, but the movement seems, well, unfamilliar and tiny, when I think about it. Glad you like the gift and a happy new year to you and yours.

Denise Felton said...

You go, girlfriend! Some of us have been spending wads on novelty yarn with this kind of thick/thin texture. I can't wait to see what it becomes.