11.24.2007

Huge Accomplishment



For those of you who know me, you know I knit. If you know me well, then you know I knit jewelry and I knit scarves - and that was it. I could knit small scarves, large scarves, scarves that could be sewn up into small pouches, but that was as far as these Idyll Hands went with knitting needles. Well, tonight I broke that system. I knit 3 - yes, 3 beanies. I attempted a hat last year - it took me almost a week and didn't turn out as well as I would have liked. However, thanks to Tangle (http://store.tangleonline.com) I found one hour hat instructions (the first one only took 45 minutes and the next two only 30 or so minutes) that saved my bottom.

You see, I agreed to a custom order on Etsy to do two scarves with matching hats. I thought surely it can't be too difficult to master the beanie. Thankfully, I didn't get myself into something I couldn't knit myself out of. Needless to say, I'm pleased and I've found something else to use up this yarn with.

Next project - socks.

No comments: