5.01.2009

May is here

Last year I was at a show right now. It was one of those shows that I had many, many high hopes for and it was a HUGE busy. That is kind of how those work. It's the sneaker shows that do well (you know, the ones that you don't think are going to). I remember that the night before the show opened, there were all kinds of tornado warnings in the town I had my little tent and all of my inventory set up at. Yes, needless to say, I didn't get much sleep that night. But you can tell by the above picture, it was all well and good come the next morning. A few tents bit the dust, but our trusty one did not.

This year, I'm not doing any HUGE spring shows. I might go to a few tomorrow, to do some shopping, but I kind of doubt it. I think I'll stick around the house, work on some new designs for summer, dye some wool, bake some bread, head over to the farmers market (if the weather isn't scary) and just enjoy my time at home. It's been a bit of a crazy week, so time at home is welcome.

I am having a bit of a sale over at Idyll Hands - I've added some more items to my sale section here. If you prefer some yarn, I'm having a sale over at Wooly Hands as well - you can see that if you click here. Mention that you saw the sale announced in my blog and I'll refund your shipping via paypal.

For those of you keeping up with my mom - we had her 6 month follow up with the surgeon down at UAMS on Wednesday. The MRI scan was great! I was very happy about that. Sometimes I feel like we're all living three months at a time right now, but as long as those three months come and go with a good MRI, then I'm happy. Now, if only my mom would keep getting better and better and walking would come easier to her.

Well, I'm off to do interesting Friday type things - not sure what those are yet, but I'm sure they will come to me.

No comments: