3.22.2009

Gardeners Bench? Check.

I think I might have promised you a blog post about why I wasn't overly thrilled with my day (and evening) spent in San Antonio, but I've lost interest. It's touristy, crowded, and costs a lot to park. That's basically it. I'd rather talk about gardening tonight.

I spent the bulk of this afternoon organizing my gardening area. At my last house I had a great shed (i.e. - weather proof) with a gardeners/potters bench and TONS of shelving. I don't think I realized how great I had it until I left the shed for the current house. Don't get me wrong, the house we're in now is about 59 times more fabulous than the last, but it doesn't have the shed. It does, however, have 2 saw horses just sitting in the basement, unused, lonely, and sad. So, I pulled them out into the sun light and put a couple of scrap particle board on them and viola - a table to use for my gardening prep area.

After pulling all kinds of odds and ends out from under the sun porch and doing a bit of sweeping/raking, I had a little gardening room. I organized my supplies, washed the tools, washed ALL of the pots (I have a lot of them), and put everything back all nicely and in their proper places. I still had room to store the stacks of patio chairs to keep them out of the weather until we need them. I didn't do any "actual" gardening, but now that I'm all set up otherwise, planting my herb garden after work this week will be a piece of cake.

Speaking of gardening this week, I also need to get some dyeing done... wait... I WANT to get some dyeing done. I've got some color combos I want to try out and have some new wool just screaming for some color. I've also got some spinning I need to do - whew, busy but looking forward to all of it.

I hope everyone had a wonderful first weekend of spring - I'll leave you with a brand new bracelet found in my shop here in honor of spring finally being here.

4 comments:

Sunny said...

I think it's always so much nicer to take on projects when I've organized first. Happy Gardening!

Junque Rethunque said...

Looks great! I am so wanting to get some organizing done and am ready for the weather to stay decent for longer than two days...

Anonymous said...

I love the yellow flowers, how pretty!

Kudos to you for getting any gardening projects done... I still haven't started yet. I'm procrastinating. Though I don't have a lot I want to do this year either... first is get the outside of the house painted. *maybe* next year I'll do more planting... *giggles*

Veganosaurus said...

Neat gardener's bench! :)