2.05.2008

Sick Days


I've been spending the past two days in bed with some flu like symptoms (I'm crossing my fingers that they are just flu like and not actual flu symptoms). Feeling like this doesn't really leave me wanting to make jewelry BUT it does allow me time to think about my other endeavors.

Other than watching a LOT of Food Network and wishing that I felt well enough to cook just about everything they have been airing, I've also been shopping for my herb garden. I was most proud of my herb garden last year. Don't get me wrong, I enjoyed my veggies and flowers, but I really liked those herbs.

This year I've ordered Genovese Basil, Cilantro, Dill, Parsley, and Chives. I had some other items last year but didn't use them. I'd prefer to spend the money on varieties of mint and other basils than oregano and thyme that just do not get used. I haven't decided which basils and mints I want to purchase this year, but those will come to me. I'll start with my favorites right now.

And now for your viewing pleasure, pictures of last year's herb garden.

10 comments:

Elise of Argyle Whale said...

Wow. I envy your ability to grow nice edibles!

Anonymous said...

Your herbs are lovely, and I think watching the Food Network sick or well is a wonderful pastime. We love Alton Brown and Iron Chef. I am happy Jamie Oliver is back too. I am sorry to hear that you are under the weather and wish you a speedy recovery.

Anonymous said...

I am jealous of your beautiful herb garden! When I have a place to plant, I'm definitely going to try to start an herb garden. I love fresh basil! :)

Denise Felton said...

Oh, my! I want to come eat at your house! Or just hang around outside and smell everything.

I have the mother of all black thumbs, so I'm doubly impressed by your green one!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful garden! Perhaps I'll try again this year. I love plants but they don't do well at my house. Basically, unless you cry, meow or otherwise alert me of your needs, you will probably be forgotten about!

Hope you feel better!

Hobocamp Crafts said...

Me too I wish I could grow herbs. I had a wee little basil plant and then the landlord had the roof- fixed and the roofers dropped shingles on them and they died. Sorry very sad.

* I hope you are feeling better and don't have the Flu!!

Stephanie Wilson she/her @babysteph said...

I just wanted to let you know I received your emails and replied to both... I am not sure if you are getting my emails! You might want to check your spam folder!

Steph

Junque Rethunque said...

mmm.... I can smell them now!! I can't wait to get busy cleaning up my sad yard this spring.

capitolagirl said...

Feel better soon! And, thanks for putting my blog on your roll. If you've got some down time on your hands and are looking for something to do, I'd love for you to join my HANDMADE JEWELRY: SATURDAY SPARKLE group on Flickr at: http://www.flickr.com/groups/saturdaysparkle

Oh Mandie said...

Thank you so much... now I know that I'm not the only one who has been more or less banished to the bedroom with the flu! (mine has taken over my life for 4 days now with no end in sight!!)

You're herb garden is great!! I cant wait until the weather warms up and I can get my hands dirty! Nothing says summer like fresh basil and flat leaf parsley :-)

Feel better!!