2.29.2008

Crunch Time


6 Hands (my mom, sister, and myself) will be at their next show in May. That might seem like a few months away and that I have plenty of time to get ready for it, but in reality, it's tomorrow and I'm already behind. Okay, okay, so maybe not tomorrow, but it seems like it's just around the corner. I have a regular day job and many other interests that can sometimes get in the way of my love of knitting and beading. Unfortunately, I can't sell my musical abilities or my amazing coordination of Walton Arts Center productions and special events at the show. I can only sell my scarves, knit bracelets, and earrings.

I'm lacking in craft show inventory. I'd like to think if I took all of my scarves and bracelets, that they would fly off of the shelf. But in reality, I need to take varied items in varied prices and a lot of them in all colors. Whew. I have some work to do. It's easy on Etsy to post what you like and only what you like because you aren't on a deadline to get it sold in 3 days. Craft shows are a bit different.

I've been busy creating new earring designs and different styles of knit bracelets this week. I'm pleased with what I have so far but want a bit more variety without straying from my mediums. Two of the new bracelets are found above and blow. There are some serious focal beads on these and are a bit different from my usual smaller beads. I'm counting on the fact that they will appeal to more people than my usual. I have a couple in my shop and I'm not sure if I'll post these or save them for the show in May.

Speaking of craft shows, go to the AREtsy Street Team blog and read up on some awesome show tips.

1 comment:

Oh Mandie said...

I think that we should start a petition for an 8th day of the week... and 48 hours in each day, of and dont forget infinate energy!

ahhh, if only in my dreams!!