12.07.2009

Idyll, not Idle, Hands

It's brought up to me, quite often, that Idle Hands are the devil's playground. Yes, I know this, that's why my shop name is Idyll Hands. My hands are poetic, musical, dreamlike - in no way would the devil have time to play around on these hands.

As you can tell from my previous post, I've been bitten by the Holiday bug. I'm ready to create, make, build, and fabricate Holiday goodies of all kinds. I've not been interested in browsing the aisles at Hobby Lobby for decor this year. It either all looks the same or it's tacky. Neither of which I want in my house this time around. I want to display things that are unique, I want to give things no one else is giving, I want things to be memorable.

Unique and memorable require creativity. I've got a lot of creativity but I might have used up my allotment for 2009. Thankfully, there are blogs and flickr accounts with tons of creative ideas that people are willing to share. Those willing to share are going to save my Holiday crafting!

So, without further delay, I bring to you some projects I want to make this year (but probably won't have time to get to):
Stacking Fabric Trees
Little Felt Trees
Needle Felted Bowls

As I find projects I want to make over the next few weeks leading up to the Holiday, I'll post them here... provided I'm not too busy making them to blog!

If you find any cool projects, post them here. I'd love to add more to my list.

No comments: