So Melodie, over at For Once In My Life, decided she loved me so much that she would tag me to do something that actually requires me to sit and think.
I am supposed to come up with 10 things you might not know about me. So, here goes nothing..
1. I dread, DREAD, going to Little Rock for my mom's appointments with her nuero surgeon because I might run into the one person that I could TOTALLY do without seeing for the rest of my life. Yeah, that day in January of 2004 pissed me off that much.
2. I did drama in Jr. High and part of HS and have many trophies to show for it. I was good at picking duet partners and I was known to tell you "no" if you wanted me to be in a scene with you but I thought you were not "up to par". Yeah, I was super nice about it too.
3. I use to play Nerf Wars in the Fine Arts complex at UT Almost (Arlington) until the sun came up (or until campus police found us) with Kappa Kappa Psi. We'd all bring nerf guns and hunt each other down. The ladies of Tau Beta Sigma decided I was on their black list for hanging out with the guys ('cause I was cool enough to and they weren't perhaps?) and things fell into place for me to abandon ship at UT Almost and head back to UT Austin (thank God for Nerf Wars)
4. My one music obsession is Elton John. I cannot get enough of him and secretly with I had been a groupie of his in the early 70s even though he didn't go for my... ahem... type. He was married to a girl once, it could have been me!
5. Okay, I lied just now, I have 2 music obsessions. The 2nd being Barenaked Ladies and more specifically - Steven Page. Yes, I would marry him too... especially now that he's unmarried. Who cares if he was busted for coke in upstate NY - I'm sure he learned his lesson and such.
6. The only thing that scares me when I'm home alone is myself. I can be perfectly fine and then I create these outrageous scenarios involving vicious ghosts and intruders and I'm upstairs and hiding under my blankets in no time. I'm not sure why I do that to myself. I just like to claim it's my amazing, overactive imagination and you all should be so lucky.
7. I dislike Ashlee Simpson with every bone in my body. And no, NWArkansas does not have a "Rock Doc" - phsaw!
8. The only reason I own a bassoon is because Yo Yo Ma himself told me to buy one - "You create your own destiny" he told me - yes me. That meant go spend a lot of money on some wood so you can be happy in life... so I did (it was the only sensible thing to do).
9. If I was single I'd move to San Francisco or Chicago. I wouldn't even think twice about it - I'd find a job and move... or save up and move and then find a job. Some people dwell on moving to big, exciting places, not me, I'd just go. However, I'm in a relationship that I want to keep and the sweet boy doesn't want to move to San Francisco - the jury is still out on Chicago.
10. I'm a bit high stress and cause myself many problems because of it. I've always been that way and I'm not sure why. If I'm stressed, I get hives, if I'm stressed, I get sick, I have somehow given myself what I think is an ulcer because of the stress, and I continue to take on more and more projects at home and at work. Don't tell me to take it easy, that won't work because then I'll be bored and that will stress me out. Some people just live with it and thrive on it, maybe I'm one of those people. It keeps me organized at least.
Well - there you have it - I think I'll tag Girlchild, Beehive, and Dancing Mooney - enjoy :)