8.25.2008

A Few of my Favorite Things

Whether or not you'd like to admit it, the Holidays are just around the corner. In fact, there are only 122 shopping days left until Christmas. This is music to my ears for a few reasons. I love Christmas. I love the family, the spirit of the holiday, the decorations, the baking (oh the baking), the gift giving, the cold, winters days, and the smells. I love everything about it.

My family is made up of some amazing gift givers. Thought and creativity goes into everything. However, sometimes you draw a blank on what to give someone. Because of this, I have maintained a pretty good Amazon wish list for the past 7 years or so. It's great for the books, music and movies that I want (Sopranos season 4 - 6 is at the top of that list), but the greatness ends there.

In steps Etsy with their list of favorites. With Etsy, I'm able to add things to my favorites list, which creates a sort of "wish list" for those who know their way around Etsy. However, many people do not which is where the Etsy mini comes in handy. This is the perfect way to send your favorites list out to everyone on your Christmas giving/receiving list. I wish more people would open Etsy accounts and add things to their favorites list. I'd much rather buy from Etsy than the mall.

You can see a few of my favorite things at the right of my blog under, you guessed it, "A Few of my Favorite Things".

2 comments:

Sylvie said...

Funny you blogged about the holidays today. I was just sitting here thinking exactly the same thing!

BTW, I answered your question about my gift boxes and mailing them.
: )

Sylvie

Denise Felton said...

Holy carp. You're right. I'm not ready! *checking to see how many paychecks I have coming between now and Dec. 25*