4.16.2012

It's the simple things...

... like the time to nap when your nose would normally be to the grindstone. It's finding a small treasure buried deep in a pile on the bottom shelf at Goodwill. It's a quiet afternoon with your windows open.

It is the simple things that help you to reset.

After oversleeping my alarm and dozing off while brushing my hair this morning, I decided a sick day was in order. I've spent the last week sniffling my nose, popping my ears, taking Advil for my achy bones, and otherwise not feeling spectacular. I haven't felt "sick" but apparently my body has been working overtime to keep me going. I ended up sleeping 6 more hours throughout the day. I feel like I could go to bed now and still sleep until morning. Sometimes you just need a day away.

After a hearty dinner of BBQ ribs ('cause this Texan doesn't stray too far from the mother ship) I sped off to the nearest Goodwill and then to the 2nd nearest Goodwill. I think the trips were well worth the time and mileage. I found a set of interchangeable knitting needles at one for $5 (this set to be exact). It is missing two of the smaller sizes, but I can replace those. I couldn't let my good thrifting luck go to waste, so off to the 2nd one I went. There I found a sweet pillow case, a handful of vintage mugs for Junque Rethunque and a handful of embroidery hoops. I'm smittin' pretty hard on the large, oval one - aren't you? I have some fabric I want to frame in theLink hoops and hang. That might be a good project for this weekend.

What about you? Any weekend projects already in the works? Who cares if it's only Monday... you have to have something to look forward to.

2 comments:

Junque Rethunque said...

There is going to be some chicken coopin' going down at my house this weekend! And I might even go a little crazy and sew something.

DancingMooney said...

Yay for getting lots of sleep and goodwill shopping! Sounds like the perfect sick day to me! :)