9.09.2011

General news for a general type of Friday

Before I get into this post, I have to tell you a story. When I created my blog banner (the one you see above), I was quite proud. It was clean, classy, and perfect for my blog.

Then the sadness came.

Last night, I saw a not very good blog about nail polish (don't you judge me, for the first time ever I haven't been biting my nails and this girl is obsessed with pretty nails) with an almost identical banner. The font was different, but dang it.

DANG IT.

Okay, now on to more important things. My sister and I are heading to The Rock (Little Rock, AR for those not up with the lingo) for a Craft Gossip meet up. We'll get to hang out with some craft bloggers, play with crafts, eat some lunch and perhaps even drink some wine. We'll also be leaving the event with a schwag bag FULL o' goodies to play with later. How did we get so lucky? Well, we know some peeps. The one requirement for this day of fun is that I blog about it upon my return to the real world.

Yup, that's it.

I have to write about it. I'm never really short for words, so this will be a piece of cake.

After the gathering of brilliantly creative minds, my sister and I will be heading out to do a bit of shopping in our state's capital before eating Indian food and heading home. I have to say, that isn't a terrible way to spend a Saturday.

In other news, I'm still working on designing my own tomorrow. After spending the past few years feeling less than perfect I've finally found a doctor who will listen to me. After 30 minutes in his office, I left with an almost diagnosis, a prescription and hole in my arm from filling up 4 vials of blood for testing. I immediately cut caffeine out of my day (I'm not sure how people get off hard drugs because that was the PITS) and I'm left less tired and without daily headaches than I was before. Eureka! I'm feeling 100 times better already. Also, my insulin levels appear to be out of whack and probably have been since I was 15 or so. Yay. Medicine has been helping that and guys, I haven't felt this good since college.

I'm ready to face whatever tomorrow has in store for me with a new, not so tired or blah feeling me! Bring it!


1 comment:

DancingMooney said...

The craft gossip meet sounds like tons of fun, as does your dinner date later with your sis! So glad you two are close, and are able to do fun things together.... I didn't realize you hadn't been feeling well, but I'm glad you are finally getting some answers and found a doc you like. Yay! ♥