11.25.2009

Things

Yesterday I posted some pictures on Flickr of things that made me happy at the time. I got a couple of exciting things in the mail and I was making a spectacular dinner and those things just made me happy.

Along the same lines, I've noticed a lot of people posting on their blogs or Twitter or Facebook things that they are Thankful for in the month of November. It's a daily posting and it's nice to read. It's also a nice reminder that no matter what is going on, there truly is something to be thankful for.

Today is my mom's birthday. She would have been 65 if she was here to celebrate. We'd probably take her out to dinner since it's not Thanksgiving (when our Holiday birthdays fall on Holidays, the celebration usually involves turkey or ham) give her a gifty, watch a movie, you know, fun things like that. Instead I'm at work, posting on Facebook that today will always be her day and reading things her friends and coworkers are posting about her. Maybe she isn't here to blow out her 65 candles, but it seems like today, more than ever before, is truly her day.

I love you mom and happy birthday.

And now, something today that makes me happy or that I am thankful for - having had a mom that was so wonderful that people who knew her take the time to go post wonderful things about her on Facebook. She was so truly loved... by so many. I am so thankful to have had a mom like that.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

bless you miss. ♥