10.22.2009

If I pass... if I fail...

If I drop out does anyone give a damn?

(thank you BNL for providing the perfect lyrics to start my blog with... yet again)

I'm having one of those weeks. I'm not sure if it's because I spent much of last week doing exactly what I wish I could do monthly (sitting at a craft show bringing in the big bling bling) or if it's just the cycle of ups and downs and I started this week off in a down. After typing it out and looking at it, I'm pretty sure it's a combination of both.

Heading back to work on Monday was a HUGE drag. I wasn't motivated to get some projects done, had trouble keeping focused, was easily distracted, and watched the clock in a big bad way. It didn't help that the new carpet in my office (installed Monday) came with a stink that would even kill the H1N1 virus if given the chance. I just didn't want to be there. I felt like doing something HUGE to see if anyone would even notice. Perhaps I'd kick the water cooler over as I walked back or jammed the copier or perhaps I could go Office Space on the community fax machine - yeah, you could say I was in a sour mood. I was sure that had I done one of those things, it would go unnoticed.

But now I'm better. I'm not sure what did it, but I don't feel like screaming when the alarm goes off tomorrow morning. It's always odd how that works. I adore my job, don't get me wrong. I work with great people in a great environment (they even announced that we'll be closed the week after Christmas this year, so extra vacay time for me) I just wanted to stay in bed and sleep this week. A girls entitled to feeling like that every now and then.

It's supposed to be frigid tomorrow - I love this time of year. I better go find a sweater to wear.


1 comment:

Junque Rethunque said...

We need to start buying lottery tickets. Just sayin.